Welcome to WrestlingINC's live coverage of WWE NXT! Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media. Click the REFRESH button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
NXT (@WWENXT) March 19, 2018
- Tommaso Ciampa out to the ring with the crowd holding up Johnny Gargano signs. "You suck!" chant breaks out before he can even get there. Ciampa goes for a mic and the boos get even louder. "We want Johnny!" chant breaks out with a very small "Psycho Killer!" chant that follows. He goes to talk and the boos come out yet again. "He's gone!" Ciampa finally yells. "Newsflash! He's not walking down that damn aisle! He's gone!" Crowd responds with a "Ciampa sucks!" chant and he soaks that one in. Ciampa heads out of the ring. He slowly tears up some woman's sign, and then another, and then a masked guy's sign and it's Johnny Gargano! He attacks Ciampa and the two brawl in the ring. Security shows up and pulls Gargano away. "Let them fight!" chant start up as he's pulled away.
- Charly Caruso gives and update on the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The winner gets a title shot at TakeOver: New Orleans. We see some clips of the matches that have taken place thus far. We then see Tyler Bate talk about his injury and how he won't be able to compete in the tournament. Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan will now face a new team. Roderick Strong makes a plea to fill in the gap.
Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch vs. Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic)
Crowd with a nice pop for Dunne as Strong's partner. Strong and Lorcan gets us started, mostly a stalemate with Burch getting a tag in. Strong able to get the slight advantage back and Dunne tags in to work Burch's arms. Burch with a drop toehold, Lorcan jumps in the ring and so does Strong as we head to a quick break. Back from break, Dunne is working Burch's fingers over in the middle of the ring. Dunne with a slap to the face, jams Burch's face into the second turnbuckle and tags in Strong who immediately hits a back breaker, cover, two. Dunne tagged back in, double chops by Dunne and Strong (crowd loved that spot), pin, two-count.
Burch recovers and hits a front dropkick from the second turnbuckle. Lorcan back in, big chops, running european uppercut, pin, two, running lariat, pin, two, drops Strong again, pin, two again! High energy stuff by Lorcan as he tags Burch back in. Dunne in now, kick on Burch's arm, x-plex, pin, two. Strong in and he clears out Lorcan.
Dunne and Burch are slapping the you know what out of each other! German release suplex by Burch. Half-and-half suplex by Lorcan who sends Strong on Dunne. Both Strong and Dunne are now in submissions. Strong hits a back breaker and then end of heartache on Burch to get the victory!
Winners: Roderick Strong and Pete Strong via Pinfall (Advances to the next round)
Aliyah vs. Ember Moon (Non-Title Match)
Hand slap to get things started. Aliyah getting the best of Ember early on. Shayna Baszler heads out to the stage and comes over to commentary to let everyone know she's the one running the division despite Ember being the current champion. Aliyah with a kick and tries for a crossbody off the second turnbuckle, Ember catches her and hits a samoan drop. Kip-up by Moon, flip into the corner and she heads up to top rope. Nails the eclipse, cover, and that will do it.
Winner: Ember Moon via Pinfall
- Post-match, Ember stares down Baszler from the ring. Baszler gets on the announce table and the two talk some trash from a distance. They will meet at NXT: TakeOver: New Orleans.
- Next week: Sanity vs. Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- Raul Mendoza heads out for a match and Andrade "Cien" Almas ends up attacking him on the stage and shoving him off it. Almas heads to the ring with Zelina Vega. Almas cuts a promo in Spanish and in English. He tells Aleister Black, "You didn't respect me. I called you out...you piece of s---." He wants Black to face him. Zelina cheers him on, but doesn't get on the mic.
- Aleister Black will be on next week's NXT.
- NXT GM William Regal says next week he will be making an announcement that will change the landscape of NXT forever.
Adam Cole vs. Kassius Ohno
Crowd with a split chant between both Superstars before they even lock up. Ohno using his size and strength advantage as he works over Cole's arm. Cole running the ropes and tries for a leap frog and gets kicked in midair by Ohno! Cole is able to recover with a kick to Ohno's face and then drops Ohno in the ring as we head to break.
Bicycle kick by Cole, cover, two. Quickly follows that up with a swinging neckbreaker, pin, another two-count. Backstabber by Cole, another quick cover, but can't put him again. Cole showing a little frustration now. Tries for a suplex, Ohno reverses it and pops Cole right right in the face, instantly dropping him. High knee by Ohno, clothesline, big boot, scoop slam, running leg drop, pin, two.
Ohno sent into the ropes, flips over, pops Cole and gets back in the ring, cyclone kick, pin, two! Crowd appreciated that sequence. Forearm to Cole who comes back with his own. Ohno with a big kick, but Cole with a neckbreaker over his knee! Cover, near three! Shining wizard by Cole is blocked, Ohno with a fall away slam, big strike that sends Cole out to the floor. Ohno brings Cole back in, but gets three superkicks to the mug. Shining wizard connects and that will do it.
Winner: Adam Cole via Pinfall