Welcome to WrestlingINC's live coverage of WWE NXT! Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media. Click the REFRESH button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
After #NXTChampion @AndradeCienWWE's harsh words for his #NXTTakeOver opponent, what will @WWEAleister have in store for the champ TONIGHT on #WWENXT?! https://t.co/3FlZ1AaWN5 pic.twitter.com/N7U75hgQJ4— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) March 28, 2018
#WWENXT GM @RealKingRegal has promised an announcement that will change the landscape of @WWENXT forever... and he'll reveal what it is TONIGHT on @WWENetwork! https://t.co/A5cduCvtVJ pic.twitter.com/d0518cGuRc— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) March 28, 2018
- Earlier today, Tommaso Ciampa showed up at the arena to a chorus of boos. He's asked how he's feeling by WWE cameras and doesn't answer. He catches up with with William Regal and asks him what kind of place is he running here. He says Johnny Gargano needs to be dealt with for attacking him and showing up at his own house. Regal says it will be Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano in an unsanctioned match at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans. If Gargano wins, he'll be back in NXT, if Ciampa wins then Gargano is banished from NXT forever.
- Regal heads out to the ring for a big announcement. He says NXT will be introducing the North American Championship. Regal goes to talk more about the title and out comes EC3! He heads to the ring and says he's going to bask in the "EC3!" chant because he deserves it. EC3 thanks Regal for rolling out the red carpet for him and for creating a new title to hand to him on his first night. Crowd with a "NX3!" chant, which he really enjoyed. Regal has to interrupt and says he's incredibly happy EC3 is here, but "no one is handed anything here in NXT." He continues that the title will be fought for in a ladder match at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans. It will be EC3 and five other competitors. EC3 says Regal can line up anyone, but he will show everyone why he's in the top one percent in this business. They shake hands and Regal heads off as EC3's music plays.
- Earlier today at the WWE PC, TM61 are asked about their loss in the Dusty Tag Team Classic. In the background we see Shayna Baszler. Ember suddenly shows up and the two start jawing at each other. Moon shoves her and the two start trading shots. The camera man gets knocked down as the two swing wildly at each other. The two women will meet at TakeOver for the title.
- Zelina Vega and Andrade "Cien" Almas make their way into the building.
Street Profits vs. Authors of Pain (Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic Semis)
Ford talks a little trash to Rezar, he gets slapped away and Rezar start yelling at him. Ford immediately tags out. Akam tagged in, Dawkins with a dropkick and european uppercut. Rezar jumps in and gets dropped. Dawkins hits a spinebuster on Akam and Ford goes nuts on the outside, dancing until he bumps into Paul Ellering. Ford offers up his cup and Ellering slaps his cup down. Ford stares him down and heads towards the ramp. Back in the ring, from behind AOP give a last chapter to distracted Dawkins and this one is already over.
Take a sip! pic.twitter.com/4E2rLVg6Xd— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) March 29, 2018
Winners: Authors of Pain via Pinfall (Advances to the finals)
- The finals of the Dusty Classic will take place on next week's NXT.
- Backstage, Cathy Kelley speaks with Regal who else will be in the match: Adam Cole. Velveteen Dream shows up and says that ladder match sounds great, but it's not quite an experience until he's included in the match. Regal agrees and says he'll be third competitor.
Lars Sullivan vs. John Silver
Silver locks up and is instantly thrown to the mat. Sullivan swings away on his grounded opponent. He launches that poor guy right into the second turnbuckle two times. Big splash in the corner. Sullivan with a military press into a power slam. Sullivan then heads up to the top rope and hits a diving headbutt. Freak accident finisher and we're all done here.
Winner: Lars Sullivan via Pinfall
- Backstage, Cathy Kelley again talks with William Regal. Sullivan walks by and Regal invites him to be in ladder match. "That sounds fantastic Mr. Regal." Sullivan says he wants Killian Dain and Regal agrees to that. Regal also said Dain will be in the ladder match, so that's five: EC3, Dain, Sullivan, Velveteen, and Adam Cole.
- Dakota Kai makes her way out to the ring for a match and cameras end up cutting to outside the building where Almas is attacking Aleister Black. He kicks and throws him to the ground, another kick to the face. There's a cooler of water and Almas shoves his face in it while Vega yells in the background, "That's what you get!" Almas shoves Black into the door and brings him into the building. Throws him into another door and they are slowly making their way to the ring. Black is out of it as he's tossed into the ring. Almas grabs a chair and whacks it across Black's back. He taunts Black a bit more and yells "Respect!" at the challenger. Refs flood the ring to check on Black as Almas and Vegas head to the stage.
You got to cool it now, you're gonna lose control. pic.twitter.com/leksGONUNZ— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) March 29, 2018
Sanity (Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe) vs. Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne (Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic Semis)
Wolfe and Strong get us started, Wolfe with a power slam that brings in both Dunne and Young. The teams stare at each other before the ref gets them to go back to their corners. Young and Dunne then tag, Young charges the corner, misses, gets rolled up. Dunne kicks Young's arm and this brings Wolfe and Strong in again. Ref getting annoyed by these interruptions and gets them back in their corners. Wolfe tags in abdominal stretch/kick combo and Wolfe swings away on Dunne's face.
Coming back from break, Strong chopping away at Young, tags in Dunne. Little double team work, Dunne with a cover, two-count. Young thrown into the corner, Dunne runs up and chops him in the chest. Young trying to tag out, but Dunne stomps on Young's outstretched arm and goes into a body scissors wrist-lock. Young able to power out of it and land a nice suplex. Wolfe and Strong both head in and swing wildly away at each other. Wolfe tries for a boot, nope, european uppercut lands though. Strong with a knee to the midsection, elbow on Young and Wolfe able to land a german suplex, then a death valley driver, cover, two-count.
Diving elbow! ?? pic.twitter.com/e19Vyc5OWg— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) March 29, 2018
Young with a neckbreaker, cover, Dunne breaks it up. Wolfe heads up to the top rope and gets punched in the face on the way down. Young clears out down, now he's going to the top rope, Strong catches him though. Strong heads up top, but gets tossed down on his face. Young with a flying elbow, cover, kick out and Young can't believe it. Strong fighting back, backbreaker, cover, Wolfe breaks it up. Dunne comes in nearly suplexed, but flips out of it, kick to the back. Strong with end of heartache on Wolfe. Dunne is tagged in and they hit an assisted side suplex, cover, 1-2-3.
Winners: Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne via Pinfall (Advances to the finals)
- Next week: Strong and Dunne vs. Authors of Pain in the finals.
- Backstage, Cathy looks to find out who the final participant is for the ladder match is. Regal says one moment and out comes Ricochet!