Welcome to Wrestling Inc.'s live coverage of WWE NXT beginning at 8 pm ET! Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media. Click the REFRESH button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
Tonight features Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. The Forgotten Sons in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Also, Lacey Lane and Kacy Catanzaro vs. Aliyah and Vanessa Borne, Matt Riddle vs. Kona Reeves, and Johnny Gargano / Adam Cole face off.
- Adam Cole heads to the ring to talk. In the ring is the NXT Champion, which is currently vacant. Cole wants to discuss his upcoming NXT TakeOver: New York opponent, Johnny Gargano, but first asks him to come to the ring. Gargano heads out. The crowd is very split over the two wrestlers with back and forth chants, they let them go for a few minutes. Cole reminds the fans he doesn't need their chants, Gargano says he loves them. Gargano says Cole is in the fight of his life at TakeOver and his path to the NXT Championship goes through Cole. Gargano refers to himself as "Johnny TakeOver," Cole reminds him he hasn't exactly been in the winner's column in very many of those. Maybe he should go by "Johnny Participation." Cole runs down some of his TakeOver accomplishments: NXT North American Champion, winning WarGames, and making his debut.
Cole wonders what Gargano has earned lately. Gargano says he didn't get the red carpet rolled out of for him in front of 15,000 people. His start was at a tryout and initially being told no and wasn't good enough to be here. Says his chance finally came at the Dusty Rhodes Classic and was put with Tommaso Ciampa as "unsigned indie guys." He was then invited back time and time again because he pours his heart out in every match, earning everything he's done in NXT. At TakeOver, he fight with everything he has and finally be NXT Champion. The two jaw a bit as Cole heads out of the ring, but then mockingly tells Gargano he has such an inspirational story. Cole says Gargano can scratch and claw all he wants but Cole will be the champion, the rest of Undisputed Era stands on the stage.
- Last week, The Forgotten Sons ambushed Ricochet and Aleister Black in the ring after Black and Ricochet's match.
Aliyah and Vanessa Borne vs. Kacy Catanzaro and Lacey Lane
Lane gets dropped face-first to the mat right off the bat. Lane with a kick and then does some jumping on the second and top ropes and hits an arm drag on Borne. Aliyah with the tag and boot to Lane's face as she chased after Borne. Aliyah with some forearms to the face in the corner. Borne gets tagged back as Aliyah yanks on Lane's hair.
Borne ties her up in the ropes and throws a couple kicks to the back. Borne with a headbutt and Aliyah tags back in. Borne with a bronco buster as NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir head to the ring. Borne and Aliyah immediately bail out of the ring, Duke gets knocked off the apron by Duke. Baszler with a big boot to Lane's face. Ref calls the match.
Match ends in a no contest.
- Post-match Cantanzaro is able to avoid Baszler for a moment, kicks Duke and Shafir off the apron. Tries to leap away from Baszler, but gets put to sleep by the champ. Baszler heads over to commentary and says what happened in the ring will keep happening until she gets some respect as champion.
- Backstage, Ricochet and Aleister Black get ready for their match later tonight.
Matt Riddle vs. Kona Reeves
Reeves with a slap to the face, Riddle charges in and Reeves goes back to the ropes, then gets in another couple shots. Reeves lifts Riddle up, reverses, Riddle sweeps the feet, tries for a standing moonsault, lands on his feet, running senton, gutwrench suplex hits. Velveteen Dream's music hits and the champion is rolled out on comfy couch by two ladies and watches the match. Riddle was distracted for a moment and Reeves nearly won the match because of it. Cobra clutch locked in on Riddle, but Riddle with a reversal into a pinning attempt, two. Riddle with some big palm strikes, front kick, ripcord knee strike to the face. Riddle with a flurry of elbows to the head and the Bromission is locked in for the tap out.
Winner: Matt Riddle via Pinfall
- Post-match, Velveteen Dream announces Matt Riddle as the winner. Riddle heads over to Dream, drinks from his chalice, then tosses it. Riddle says he'll see Dream at TakeOver and heads off.
- The Forgotten Sons prepare for tonight's match.
- Next week: Kairi Sane vs. Bianca Belair.
Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler) - Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
Cutler and Blake immediately charge in, but end up getting sent out to the floor. They take a moment to recover as Blake and Black get things started. Blake runs over Black and locks in a reverse headlock. Cutler is tagged in for a moment, doesn't do much as Black is able to tag in Ricochet. The two fight off the opponents, who head out to the floor again. Ricochet with a twisting flip that clears out both Cutler and Blake, terrible start for Cutler and Blake. Back in the ring, Ricochet fights off both opponents, goes for a handspring off the ropes and Ryker clubs Ricochet's back as the referee was distracted. Black continues to work over Ricochet back, hits a backbreaker, cover, two. Cutler gets tagged in, launches Ricochet into the corner.
Ricochet tries to tag out, but can't quite make it, Cutler with a springboard backbreaker, cover, two. Double backbreaker, pin, another two-count. Ricochet finally gets a window for a tag, but Blake pulls Black off the apron and Ricochet tag out. Ricochet finally tags out after a mistake back Cutler and Blake. Black with some massive kicks on both opponents. Springboard moonsault wipes out Blake and Cutler. Cutler recovers, hits a double-underhook backbreaker, cover, two. Blake is tagged in, heads to the top rope and Ricochet shoves him off, hits a hurricanrana off the top rope. Black nearly kicks Ricochet who hits a pump kick on Cutler.
Lariat takes out Ricochet. Black with a springboard meteora. Ricochet tagged back in, back and forth strikes, they each try to suplex each other with Ricochet finally hitting a twisting vertical suplex. Ricochet heads to the top rope looks for a phoenix splash, lands on his feet. He sends Blake out to the floor, Cutler stops him as he climbs up to the top rope. Blake heads to the top rope and looks for a reverse hurricanrana, but Ricochet lands on his feet. Black tags in and hits a kick to the head, Ricochet with a knee strike, Black with another kick pin, and Cutler ends up just shoving Ricochet right into the pin to break it up.
Ricochet and Cutler end up brawling on the outside. Black is rolled up, two. Backstabber/elbow drop from the top rope, pin, Ricochet is able to break things up. Cutler leaps off the top rope and gets caught with a kick, Blake hits double knees into Black's stomach, pin, Black's foot was on the rope, Ryker shoves it off, but the referee sees it and sends Ryker to the back. Black hits Black mass on Blake, Ricochet tags in and finishes Blake off with a 630, 1-2-3.
Winners: Ricochet and Aleister Black win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic and will face the War Raiders at NXT TakeOver: New York for the NXT Tag Team Titles.
- Post-match, the trophy is moved to the ring as Black and Ricochet celebrate their big victory. War Raiders head out to the stage and move to the ring to get a closer look at their upcoming opponents.