Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, CA.
- We go right to the ring and out comes The New Day - Big E, Xavier Woods and WWE Champion Kofi Kingston. They head to the ring as Greg Hamilton does the introductions.
Kofi welcomes everyone to SmackDown and they plug WWE Stomping Grounds. The New Day starts in with their comedy until the music hits and out comes Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler says this just typical New Day out here distracting everyone from what we all know from Super ShowDown - Kofi doesn't deserve to be WWE Champion. Ziggler goes on taking shots, going back & forth on the mic with Kofi. Kofi warns Ziggler ahead of his singles match with Xavier Woods tonight. Ziggler promises to come out on top and then take the WWE Title from Kofi at Stomping Grounds on Sunday. Ziggler says Kofi doesn't deserve to be champion and without The New Day, he is nothing.
Ziggler heads to the ring for the first match as we see SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley backstage getting ready. We go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Xavier Woods
Ziggler nails a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Ziggler keeps Woods grounded in the middle of the ring. Woods ends up coming back and mounting offense. Woods with an Honor Roll for a 2 count
Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens end up running down to interfere but the referee ejects them after the interference. Sami and Owens get taken down at ringside on the way out. They bring it back into the ring for a close 2 count as we go back to commercial with the referee checking on Woods as another referee is escorting Kofi and Big E to the back as well.
Back from the break and Woods drops Ziggler for a pop. Everyone else has been ejected from ringside. Woods covers for a 2 count after a big right hand. Fans chant "this is awesome!" now. Ziggler ends up on the floor for a breather but Woods dropkicks him through the ropes for a pop. Ziggler brings it back in the ring and presses Ziggler high in the air, holding him as fans cheer. Woods drops Ziggler into a Gutbuster for a close 2 count.
Woods takes Ziggler to the apron but Ziggler rams him back into the ring post. Ziggler superkicks Woods off the apron to the floor. Woods is laid out on the floor now as Ziggler follows. Ziggler brings it back into the ring as the referee counts. Fans try to rally for Woods as Ziggler stalks him. Ziggler nails a Zig Zag but Woods rolls under the bottom rope to avoid the pin. Ziggler wants to punish Woods some now. Ziggler ties Woods' arms up in the ropes and does an armbar. The referee checks on Woods as Ziggler backs off. Ziggler nails a big superkick to the face while Woods is still tied up in the ropes. Woods hits the mat and Ziggler covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Ziggler stands tall as his music hits. We go to replays. Ziggler exits while Woods is flat on his back in the ring.
- The announcers show us footage of the feud between Baron Corbin and WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins from this week's RAW. We also see Rollins beating on Brock Lesnar with a steel chair at Super ShowDown, and Rollins' recent chair shots to potential special referees for Stomping Grounds. We also see how RAW ended with Corbin standing over Rollins after the main event.
- The camera cuts backstage to Shelton Benjamin and The B Team in a hallway. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas are interested in being special referee for Stomping Grounds. Shelton says they're not stupid and Baron Corbin just wants to use anyone he can to win a title, but he wants to use Corbin too. Matt Hardy comes walking out of Corbin's office, apparently after his interview for the special referee gig. Matt says Shelton is next, and then walks off.
- We see Alexa Bliss backstage preparing for her segment. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Alexa Bliss to the stage for another "A Moment of Bliss" segment. Nikki Cross is with her. Bliss talks about Cross being here and tonight's segment, but stops so someone can bring her coffee out from the back. SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley comes out instead, taking a sip of Bliss' coffee, which she doesn't approve of.
Bliss says Bayley crushed Nikki's dreams of being a tag team champion on RAW last night. Bayley says Bliss isn't really a friend of Nikki's, she's just using her. Bayley says she's tired of Bliss and has had enough of her talking behind her back. Bayley dares Bliss to say it to her face.
Bliss goes on about how she's always seen through Bayley. She tried to turning to the "nice person" in the locker room when she came here and everyone was against her, but even Bayley made her feel worthless. Bliss said only Charlotte Flair made her feel welcome. Bliss goes on and says Bayley isn't a hugger, she's a liar. Bayley says Bliss is lying again and making up scenarios that never happened. Bayley says Bliss is doing with Cross the same thing she did with Mickie James and Nia Jax. Bayley says she hasn't lied to Bliss, Bliss just can't handle the truth. Bayley says Bliss is not some goddess, she's just some entitled little princess who doesn't deserve a damn thing. Bliss goes on about how she's not entitled and the war of words continues. Bliss says Bayley is nothing but a placeholder because she peaked in NXT. Bliss goes on until Bayley attacks her and they fight around the stage. Cross pulls Bayley off and yells at her to stay off. Bayley and Cross have words now. Bliss attacks Bayley from the side and drops her. Bliss' music hits to end the segment.
- Zelina Vega is backstage getting ready when Apollo Crews approaches looking for Andrade. Vega wonders if he's flirting with her or really looking for Andrade. Crews is surprised. This leads to Andrade attacking Crews and destroying him in a quick fit of rage. The camera cuts to Chad Gable off to the side, taking more notes.
The B Team vs. Heavy Machinery
Back from the break and out comes The B Team's Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan and Rowan came out before to join the announcers for commentary. Out next comes Heavy Machinery's Tucker and Otis.
Tucker starts off with Axel and is forced to fight off a double team from the apron early on. Axel unloads in the corner and fights off both opponents again. Dallas tags back in as they keep trying to get a "B Team!" chant going. They beat Tucker down in the corner again and in comes Axel for another pin attempt. They keep Tucker grounded in the middle of the ring now. Tucker ends up leveling Axel with a huge clothesline as Otis waits for the tag.
Otis tags in at the same time as Dallas. Dallas gets dropped. Otis splashes Axel in the corner and goes back to Dallas. Otis clotheslines Axel over the top rope to the floor. Dallas rocks Otis but Otis no-sells it and hulks up. Otis keeps taking shots from Dallas and no-selling them. He shakes the ropes and catches Dallas in mid-move, dropping him with a big slam. Otis splashes both opponents in the corner and they go down. Otis is all smiles as he hits The Caterpillar and elbow drop on Dallas. Tucker tags in for the big double team Compactor move and the pin to win.
Winners: Heavy Machinery
- After the match, Rowan and Bryan stare Heavy Machinery down as they celebrate the win. Otis and Tucker head up the ramp as their music plays. WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins suddenly hits the ring with a steel chair. Rollins unloads on Axel and Dallas with chair shots, taking turns as fans count along with him. Rollins delivers a bunch of chair shots to The B Team and stands tall in the middle of the ring as fans chant "burn it down!" now.
- We see a limousine pull up outside of the arena. Shane McMahon steps out and walks in. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens approach him to inform him of what Seth Rollins just did. Sami says he's a guest here under the Wild Card Rule and he doesn't feel safe. Owens agrees and says we've got to do something about this. Sami and Owens tell Shane he has a problem with both champions, Rollins and Kofi Kingston, because they are bad people. Shane proposes a 2 of 3 Falls match with Rollins and Kofi vs. Owens and Sami for tonight. Shane walks away and says he has a few things to go address. Sami and Owens aren't thrilled with his decision. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get another pre-recorded backstage vignette from Aleister Black. Black understands why no one has picked a fight with him, because he can hear their whispers as they pass by. He hears them talk about how Black was told he'd amount to nothing, how Black was a child destined to fall from grace. Black knows what they're thinking but this is not a "Woe Is Me" story, this is a "Woe My Opponents" story because eventually someone will come knocking at his door, someone will pick a fight with him, and when they fight their fight, Black shall change the essence of that man.
- We go to the ring and out comes Shane McMahon with Elias. They stop on the stage as Drew McIntyre's music hits. Drew marches to the ring with Shane and Elias.
Shane tells Hamilton to save his grand introduction because everyone already knows Shane is the best in the world. Shane says he and Roman Reigns had an incident on RAW last night but he's not here to discuss that. Shane says we're here to put a spotlight where it should be, on McIntyre, the man who will stomp ass and take names on Sunday when he faces Reigns. Drew says Shane wanted him to end Reigns' career last night but they didn't because they're better men than Reigns. Drew goes on about how he wants Reigns at his best for their match on Sunday. Drew is interrupted by the music as The Miz makes his way out under the WWE Wild Card Rule. Drew isn't happy.
Shane asks Miz why he's here. Miz says it's important that everyone watch what he has for us to watch. We see a reply of the brawl in Shane's office on last night's RAW. We also see Reigns getting payback. Miz laughs and Shane isn't happy. Miz also shows us slow motion shots of Shane running from Reigns, then Reigns hitting a Spear on Shane. Miz cracks jokes at Shane for sweating faster in slow motion. Miz has more but Shane says that's it and he's going to fire anyone in the production truck if they show the footage. Miz knocks Shane for being the son of the boss. Miz also takes shots at Drew. Shane says Miz has daddy issues. Miz goes on about how Shane first pushed for SmackDown to be the land of opportunity, but now no one gets opportunity except for Shane and his crew. Miz says everyone is sick of Shane and the crowd pops. Miz goes on and says Shane is his responsibility, he's the one who sent Shane down this ego trip, and he will be the one to end it. They have more words and Shane proposes McIntyre and Elias vs. Miz and a partner of his choosing, as long as it happens in the next 10 seconds. Shane starts counting. WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth suddenly appears at ringside, creeping around. Miz names Truth as his partner for the Awesome Truth reunion and the crowd pops. Shane makes the match official and says it will be a Tag Team Elimination match. Shane calls for a referee to come down. His music hits and we go back to commercial as Miz and Truth talk it over at ringside. Truth does not look interested.
- Back from the break and WWE Women's Tag Team Champions The IIconics are backstage with Paige, Asuka and Kairi Sane. Paige wants a title shot for The Kabuki Warriors but The IIconics insult them and turn them down. Paige reveals she's secured a match for her team at next week's WWE live event in Tokyo, Japan, and if they win, then they will earn a title shot. The IIconics aren't happy.
Tag Team Elimination Match: The Miz and R-Truth vs. Elias and Drew McIntyre
We go back to the ring and the match is underway as WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth and The Miz go at it with Elias and Drew McIntyre. Back and forth to start. Truth shows off some and dances around after some offense but Drew turns it back around on him.
Drew goes back to work on Truth as Shane barks orders from ringside. Drew takes it to the corner and unloads with strikes. Truth fights back. Elias with a cheap shot to Truth as the referee is distracted. Drew goes back to work on Truth and plants him into the mat for a 2 count.
Elias tags in and keeps Truth grounded. More back and forth after a comeback attempt. Shane with another cheap shot that allows Elias to get the pin and the elimination on Truth.
A group of Superstars run down the ramp and start chasing Truth. Shelton grabs the WWE 24/7 Title and just runs around the ring with it. He has no referee. A referee grabs the title and warns him that he has to pin Truth to get the title. Truth snatches the title and runs away with it. Superstars chase him through the crowd once again. Miz recovers at ringside as Drew stands tall and waits in the ring. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz is down on the outside. Drew distracts the referee, allowing Shane to nail Miz with a cheap shot. Drew charges Miz at ringside but he moves and Drew lands in the timekeeper's area. Elias brings Miz back into the ring and flies off the top but Miz hits him with a boot to the taped up ribs on the way down. Miz rocks Elias back into the corner and unloads with kick as fans count along. Miz with running double knees into the corner, and another set. Miz charges again with the flying clothesline. Miz ends up rolling Elias for a 2 count. Miz drops Elias on his face for a close 2 count.
Shane looks on a bit worried as Miz gets to his feet first. Miz delivers the kicks to Elias on his knees as fans count along. Elias catches the last kick and stands up with Miz on his shoulders. Miz slides out and rolls Elias for a 2 count. Drew rocks Miz from the floor with a Glasgow Kiss headbutt while the referee isn't looking. Drew comes in as the legal man and waits for Miz to recover.
Drew waits in the corner for Miz and talks trash. Miz gets up and turns around to a big Claymore Kick from a fired up McIntyre. Drew covers for the pin to win.
Winners: Drew McIntyre and Elias
- After the match, Shane raises the arms of Drew and Elias in the ring as they stand over Miz. The triple team attack begins now as Miz eats a Claymore Kick. They hold Miz as Drew backs up and says "5 days, Roman!" before delivering another Claymore to Miz.
- The announcers go over the card for Sunday's WWE Stomping Grounds pay-per-view.
- Ember Moon is backstage looking for Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville while Carmella is looking for R-Truth. They can't help each other out and keep searching. Moon comes up on Deville and Rose, who are eating doughnuts. They take shots at Moon. She slaps a doughnut out of her face and attacks them both. Deville launches Moon into a wall as they brawl. Officials come over and break it up. Rose has a smile on her face while Deville is fired up.
- We see Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston backstage talking about Rollins' steel chair.
- Still to come, Bray Wyatt's "Firefly Fun House" segment from RAW. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth is outside looking for Carmella so they can leave. A referee appears and Truth thinks it's his Uber driver. Drake Maverick appears, dressed as Carmella. This leads to Drake pinning Truth to become the new champion. Drake hops in the SUV belonging to the referee and drives off with it, mentioning how he's getting married. Truth still thinks it was Carmella who pinned him for the title.
- We get a replay of Bray Wyatt's "Firefly Fun House" segment from RAW.
2 of 3 Falls Match: Kofi Kingston and Seth Rollins vs. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens
Back from a break and it's time for tonight's 2 of 3 Falls main event. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston and WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins are out first. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are out next.
The bell rings and Kofi immediately nails Sami with a Trouble In Paradise and covers for the first fall. Owens rants from ringside, yelling at the referee about how the bell didn't hit yet. Kofi and Rollins celebrate in the ring as we get a replay of the quick pin. We go to commercial with Owens checking on Sami and entering the ring.
Back from a break and the bell rings as Owens unloads on Rollins. Saxton says Sami and Owens were so furious during the break that they threatened to walk out on the match. Owens unloads on Rollins but Kofi manages to tag in. Kofi counters Owens and turns it around. Rollins tags back in and comes off the top with a double ax handle. Owens dumps Rollins to the apron but he fights both opponents out. Rollins springboards in but Owens rocks him in mid-air. Owens decks Kofi on the apron. Owens drops Rollins again and covers for three pin attempts. Owens yells at the referee and shows frustration. We see Paul Heyman backstage watching the match on a screen.
Sami tags back in and works over Rollins while he's down. Sami with two quick pin attempts. Sami keeps Rollins grounded as fans try to rally for Rollins. Sami takes Rollins up top for a superplex but it's blocked. Rollins headbutts Sami to the mat. Owens tags in and tries to keep control but Rollins nails a Blockbuster for a pop. Rollins crawls as Kofi waits for the tag. Kofi springboards in with the tag as Sami also runs in. Kofi takes out both opponents. Kofi unloads on Sami and nails a dropkick. Kofi with the Boom Drop on Sami in the middle of the ring.
Fans pop for Kofi as he waits in the corner. Sami avoids a Trouble In Paradise but they go back and forth some more. Kofi with a crossbody for another close 2 count. Sami ends up planting Kofi with a Blue Thunderbomb in the middle of the ring. Kofi still kicks out at 2 and Sami can't believe it.
Owens wants to be tagged in now. Kofi drops Owens and sends Sami through the ropes to the floor. Rollins tags in and nails a big suicide dive, sending Sami into the barrier. Rollins runs back in and nails a dive on the other side, sending Owens into the barrier. Rollins with another big shot to legal man Owens for a pop. Fans chant "burn it down!" as Rollins prepares for the Stomp. Sami tries to stop it and Kofi takes him out to the floor. Owens rolls Rollins and hits a superkick. Owens misses the Pop-Up Powerbomb. More back and forth as Rollins and Owens tangle. Owens blocks the Buckle Bomb but Rollins nails an enziguri. Rollins comes right back with the Stomp on Owens for the pin to win.
Winners: Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston
- After the match, the champions stand tall and celebrate as Rollins' music hits. We go to replays. The final SmackDown before WWE Stomping Grounds goes off the air with the WWE Champion and the WWE Universal Champion posing on the ropes for the crowd.