Welcome to Wrestling Inc.'s live coverage of AEW Dynamite, beginning at 8 pm ET! Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media.
Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
- Hype video shown for this Saturday's Double or Nothing PPV.
- A limo pulls up to the building and out strolls out the Inner Circle. Alex Marvez asks Jericho a question, but Jericho tells him to shut it and says if people thought what he did to Vanguard 1 was bad, wait until we see what they do to The Elite tonight. The group bullies Marvez a bit and heads off.
- Multiple wrestlers surround the ring with Private Party and Big Swole wearing "SG" armbands in tribute of Shad Gaspard. Jim Ross, Excalibur, and Tony Schiavone on commentary. Dash handling ring announcing duties.
Jon Moxley vs. 10
Lee still holding Moxley's title as John Silver, Alex Reynolds, and a few other followers head out to the stage. Lee on the mic, says he wants to address the fans. He first asks 10 to take a proper knee. Lee says the fans might be feeling a disconnect because he's a leader, but he's no God, simply a man. A man who has come into possession of Moxley's title. Lee says he operates at an elite level, making the Dark Order the lions of AEW. On Saturday, Lee says he has to win, not only for his own desire, but to pay off the loyalty of his followers. He tells 10 he's special, and now is the time to help the cause. He says 10 is now a "high knight of the Dark Order." He tells 10 to hurt Moxley, then Lee and the group heads to the back. Moxley makes his way to the ring.
Moxley with a high knee right off the bat, then a shoulder capture suplex. He stomps away at his opponent in the corner. 10 lands a shot, sending Moxley to the apron, lands a pump kick, sending Moxley to the floor. Moxley then sent hard into the barricade and dropped back-first on the apron. Back in the ring 10 continues to go to work, pin, two-count. Moxley with a back elbow, chops to the chest, but then eats a spinebuster. He picks Moxley up, but then takes a DDT, gotch style piledriver, and stalls a bit as he taunts Lee to come out. Moxley lands paradigm shift, cover, and that will do it.
Winner: Jon Moxley via Pinfall
- Post-match, Moxley tosses two chairs into the ring and grabs a microphone. He then wraps one chair around 10's arm. Moxley says he didn't know the strategy of Lee taking his title, but he doesn't really care. He feels like Lee is trying to punk him out, so Lee has ten seconds to come out or he's gonna break 10's arm. He counts down and Lee shows up on the big screen. Lee says Moxley doesn't call the shots, and all he had to do was just ask for the title back. Lee says especially in these times we all have to make sacrifices, so he's leaving. Lee heads out. Moxley then whacks 10's arm with another chair and heads out.
- Jim Ross quickly mentions Shad Gaspard's passing before the next match gets started.
MJF (with Wardlow) vs. Marko Stunt
MJF with a bear hug, Stunt looks to clap his way out of the move. Looks for a sunset flip, MJF fights it off, lifts Stunts up and hits an overhead release suplex. MJF then slaps Stunt with his own hand and then makes him pick his own nose. Stunt with a slap to the face, kick to the shin, but then eats a big lariat. MJF with a bunch of shots to the face. Wardlow then chokes Stunt over the bottom rope while the referee is distracted.
MJF then whips Stunt across the ring by his hair. Stunt put up on the top turnbuckle, Stunt fights him off though. Stunt leaps and flips MJF into the turnbuckle, dropkick, another one, tries for a third and gets shoved aside. MJF looks for a suplex, Stunt flips out of it, dodges MJF, and hits a jumping knee strike. MJF looks to smack Stunt, he moves and MJF hits the apron, he ends up catching Stunt with a forearm when he tries for a suicide dive. MJF with a shoulderbreaker and then a fujiwara armbar for the quick tap.
Winner: MJF via Submission
- Post-match, MJF gets on the mic. He tells Stunt it was shocking he last longer than most thought he would. He tells Stunt he can kiss the ring and punches him with his ROH Diamond Ring. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus run out to the ring and chase the two wrestlers off.
- Last week, Cody and Lance Archer battle back and forth in the ring before the two meet for the TNT Championship at Double or Nothing.
- Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson head out to the ring with Tony Schiavone to moderate the interview. The two sit at a table with Anderson representing Cody, and Roberts advising Archer. Roberts says it's almost surreal to sit across from Anderson as they've never actually met in the ring over their long careers. He continues that people have dreams and nightmares, but those aren't real, Lance Archer is though. Says Cody has wormed his way around just so he didn't have to face Archer, but there's no more excuses, he'll have to face the truth. The truth is Archer is "a mean son of a b---- and he's going to rip his heart out."
Anderson says Roberts gets goosebumps of the thought of them hooking up in their careers. He says both of them are credible, both are real. Anderson talks about Jake's snake, how it would scare people, but that was just a distraction, the real evil was Roberts. Roberts then challenges Anderson, but Arn says he has other things to focus on. He brings up Mike Tyson being at the PPV to present the title.
Says Tyson will also be hanging around the back to have all the freedom he wants. Roberts says he was kind of hoping "that bimbo Brandi" was presenting the title. Arn says Cody has told him he has to win the title, because he's one of the leaders and his leadership needs to be recognized for all the hard work he's done. AA brings up Roberts doing DDP Yoga. He tells Roberts that's great because he wants Jake to be real limber when he gives him a spinebuster through the mat. Roberts launches the table and wants to fight, but referees run down to break them up. Roberts heads to the back.
Is @DarbyAllin your pick to win in the Casino Ladder Match at Double or Nothing this Saturday night?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) May 21, 2020
Order Double or Nothing on Saturday, May 23rd on all major cable & satellite providers / @BRLive / @FITETV (International Fans Only) #AEWDoN pic.twitter.com/RqcDg8SSxd
- Darby Allin video showing Allin playing poker with other players, all wearing masks of his opponents at Double or Nothing. Clips are shown of Allin makes his way up a ladder. When he gets to the top, we see him go "all in" in his poker game. He sets a card on fire and then the ladder he's on is also on fire.
.@BASTARDPAC has a strong message for @OrangeCassidy & the rest of #BestFriends @trentylocks & @sexychuckiet.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) May 21, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama or https://t.co/GdI7QAsxEP for our International fans. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/dM5GB0hj8e
- PAC sitting at home, says he's sat at home to weather the storm at home before and won't do it again. He says Orange Cassidy thought he could avoid Death Triangle, but that won't be the case. He calls Cassidy cocky little prick and says Fenix (fellow Death Triangle member) kicks his head off.
Orange Cassidy vs. Fenix
Cassidy puts his hands in his pockets, he's able to avoid all of Fenix's attacks. Able to hit a dropkick that sends Fenix out to the floor. Both trade some moves, Cassidy with an arm drag into a pin, two-count. Fenix finally lands a big double stomp to the back of the head. Cassidy gets dropped, Fenix with a dropkick, sending Cassidy out of the ring and into the cameraman. Cassidy finally lands some offense with a bunch of palm strikes and a superman punch.
Fenix tries to take a break on the floor, suicide dive by Cassidy, he then climbs to the top, crossbody, then a big swinging DDT, cover, two. Cassidy up top again, gets stopped by his opponent. Fenix flipped off the turnbuckle, Cassidy with a diving DDT, cover, two-count. The two end up on the top rope again, Cassidy with a headbutt, but Fenix with a springboard powerbomb for a two-count.
Fenix with a running forearm, muscle buster attempt, Cassidy reverses into a pin, two. Cassidy with an air raid crash, cover, two. Out comes Kip Sabian with a ladder. He sets it up on the stage and climbs to the top of it. Cassidy is a bit distracted, lowblow by Fenix, cutter, cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Fenix via Pinfall
- Post-match, SCU runs out and dumps Sabian into the ring. Havoc jumps into the ring to help his partner. Brawl breaks out. Fenix leaps on the top rope, and drops down on some guys out on the floor, his legs hit them, but the rest of Fenix hits the floor, ouch. Colt Cabana with a moonsault on the group, kind of rough looking. Best Friends help launch Cassidy down on the group, almost overshoots the whole group. That was a really rough sequence of moves.
Kris Statlander and Hikaru Shida vs. Britt Baker and Nyla Rose
Shida with a swing of the kendo stick on Rose, but misses, she ends up jamming it into Baker. Match hasn't started yet. Shida and Statlander drop Rose. Baker gets back up, but takes a breath on the outside. Referee finally get the match started as Statlander attacks Rose. Rose returns fire with a pounce and keeps the pressure on her opponent. Statlander works her way back into the match against Baker. Plants her to the mat, cover, Rose breaks it up.
Rose then drags Baker to her corner and tags in. Rose goes to the top turnbuckle, Statlander gets under her and plants her down to the mat. Shida tags in, running knee strike, cover, two-count. Shida looking for a suplex, gets one herself. Shida is up and throws shots, Rose with a clothesline. Baker being checked on by a ringside physician, something up with her right knee. Shida tries for a code red (maybe?) and Rose just drops down on her for a cover, 1-2-no. Rose with a beast bomb for the win. Statlander attempted to get there, but didn't quite make it.
Winners: Nyla Rose and Britt Baker via Pinfall
- Post-match, Rose gets a table from under the ring and throws it inside. She sets it up, puts Shida on the table, goes to the top rope, but Statlander grabs Rose for the distraction. Shida then hits a superplex on Rose! Baker looked to be helped to the back by a few people.
- Backstage, Marvez talks with Moxley about Saturday's match against Lee. Moxley says everything eventually leads to violence, no matter the situation. Moxley says he has a feeling things are just going to get worse at Double or Nothing. Moxley says Lee will go to sleep after he gets dropped on his head via the paradigm shift. Lee will not only lose the chance to hold the title, but he'll lose his power over the Dark Order.
- Shawn Spears News: Spears says Dustin Rhodes has retired from wrestling. Says it must be a hard pill to swallow, but 12 years ago swallowing pills wasn't such a hard thing to do for Dustin. Spears then doesn't understand why he doesn't have a match at Double or Nothing. Spears says maybe he just needs to go into business for himself and then challenges Dustin to a match. The match is made official shortly after.
- On next week's AEW Dynamite: Battle Royal with the winner facing whoever is the AEW TNT Champion (Cody or Lance Archer).
Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy
Hardy goes to work on Guevara beating him up inside and outside of the ring. He throws Guevara's face into the ring steps a couple times. Back in the ring, Hardy looks to hit twist of fate, but Guevara blocks it with a handstand and then lands a kick to the back of Hardy's head. Guevara swings away on his opponents, beating him up in the corner. Shoulder thrust, kick to the back of the head, springboard cutter, but it's block. Hardy drops him down to the mat, cover, two.
Hardy lifts Guevara up, but he counters with a hurricanrana. Hardy out to the floor, Guevara with a twisting flip down on Hardy. Guevara continues to beat up Hardy as we go to picture-in-picture break. Hardy fights his way back, drops Guevara down on the top turnbuckle pad, flying forearm, side effect, cover, two-count. Guevara with a kick and side suplex, pin attempt for a two-count.
Hardy hits twist of fate, but Guevara rolls out to the floor. He gets Sammy back in the ring, cover, two. Guevara with a big knee, straight kick to the face, another kick to the face, cover, 1-2-no. Guevara heads to the top rope, shooting star press, rolls through. Hardy lands twist of fate, cover, two. Hardy with a small cut on his forehead. Hardy stomps away at Sammy's foot. He then takes off Sammy's shoe and bites his foot. Guevara lands a high knee strike, cover, two. Guevara on the apron, springboard cutter lands, cover, two. Guevara is annoyed and heads to the top rope, shooting star press, Hardy gets his knees up, inside cradle for a two count. Another twist of fate by Hardy, cover, and that will do it!
Winner: Matt Hardy via Pinfall
- Post-match, Hardy gets a chair and goes back into the ring. Hardy goes to whack Sammy, but on the big screen we see Jericho with the rest of the Inner Circle at the stadium. Omega is being held against the goal post as Jericho hits him with a baseball bat. The Young Bucks return though and take out members of the Inner Circle. They use chairs on them and everyone is brawling as Matt joins the fight. Everyone is just swinging away on each other. From the other side of the field comes Hangman Page! He gives Hager a big lariat and takes down Jericho. The Elite stands tall as Inner Circle back away from the group. Page then heads off already after things settle a bit. The Elite music plays as the show comes to an end.