Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
FTR (c) with Tully Blanchard vs. The Best Friends (AEW World Tag Team Championship)
Back and forth action early on, Harwood and Trent throws chops in the middle of the ring. Trent pops Wheeler on the apron, Trent looks for a pin, Wheeler with a tag. Trent tries to fight them off, but Wheeler sends him into the top rope, Harwood with a back suplex, cover by Wheeler, two. Drop toe hold / elbow drop by FTR on Trent, cover, two.
Wheeler continues to beat up Trent, throwing strikes to his chest, then knocks him out to the floor. Back in the ring, Wheeler stretches Trent, keeping him away from Taylor for the time being. Trent with a big lariat, he looks to tag out, but Harwood gets in the way and knocks Taylor out to the apron. Trent sent into the corner, Harwood with a super back suplex! Wheeler tagged in and keeps Trent down, Wheeler tries for a vader bomb, knees up by Trent. Taylor finally gets the tag and throws a bunch of clotheslines.
Taylor sends both opponents out to the floor, then looks to fly with a big flip down to the floor. Taylor looks for a suplex, Tully with a sweep of his leg, cover, two-count. Taylor goes for Tully, gets dropped by FTR. Blind tag by Trent, soul food / half and half suplex combo. Trent with a big knee to the face, pin, two-count. Taylor gets taken out by Harwood. Trent pretty much on his own, assisted powerbomb by FTR, Trent driven to the mat, cover, two. Harwood with a suplex, cover, two. Trent put up on the top rope, Harwood with a another back suplex, but Trent counters, lands on him, cover, Wheeler breaks it up. Wheeler with a spinning DDT on Taylor. Trent give ones to wheeler. Harwood with the feint right into a DDT, cover, two.
Can Best Friends fight through to gain the victory?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) October 15, 2020
Retweet with your prediction!
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama or https://t.co/GdI7QAsxEP for our International fans. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/PMNcQT5s5N
Taylor breaks up FTR's finisher. Best Friends hit strong zero, cover, Wheeler breaks it up! Taylor goes after Wheeler on the floor, but ends up taking a brainbuster on the floor. Trent hits a dropkick on Wheeler, sending him over the barricade. Trent decides to go after him, Wheeler heads over to the arcade game that Sabian and Ford are playing. Trent charges and gets sent right into it. Referee starting his ten-count. Sabian yells to go get someone. Wheeler then brings Trent all the way back to the ring because they want to beat him in the ring.
Harwood goes to throw Trent into the ropes and he just crumples to the mat. Taylor breaks up goodnight express. Trent hits a DDT on Harwood, then tags in Taylor. Wheeler brings a title into the ring, Taylor sends him out. Harwood shoves Taylor into the ropes and it looks like they are going to bounce back towards the middle of the ring, so the referee ducks down and out of the way. As he does that, Wheeler smacks Taylor over the head with the title, cover, and FTR steal a win.
Winners: FTR via Pinfall
- Post-match, FTR heads to the stage and towards the back. Ford returns with Miro, and he breaks up their big hug. Miro stomps away at Taylor, release overhead suplex. Big splash in the corner on Trent. Sabian with an assisted dropkick on Trent. Miro then tosses Trent out to the floor and yells at Best Friends.
Miro and Kip Sabian (with Penelope Ford) vs. Sean Maluta and Lee Johnson
Miro immediately beats the heck out of Maluta, sending him out to the floor and launching him into the barricade a few times. Back in the ring, Miro with a big kick. He then pops Johnson off the apron and sends him hard into the side of the stage. Maluta charges in and eats a shoulder tackle. Sabian tags in, big crossbody off the top rope, then tags Miro back in. Miro stomps the back and locks in the game over for the tap out.
Winners: Miro and Kip Sabian via Submission
- Post-match, Sabian gets on the mic and is not happy about his arcade game getting destroyed. Miro takes the mic and says "Good Friends, you break my s---. Game over."
- Backstage, Lance Archer is beating up Jon Moxley, throwing punches and slamming his head against a table. Some officials show up and finally get him to stop.
- The AEW Tournament bracket was revealed tonight. Opening matches begin next week. The left side features: Penta El Zero M vs. Rey Fenix, Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela. On the right side of the bracket: Colt Cabana vs. Kenny Omega, Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy.
- MJF heads out to the ring with Wardlow for his big announcement. MJF says before he gets going he asks Chris Jericho to head out to the ring. Jericho with the rest of Inner Circle comes to the ring. The group is wearing the jackets MJF gave them, Sammy Gueveara has one, but isn't wearing it. Sammy doesn't want to wear it, but Jericho yells at him to put it on! The jacket is way too big for him. "Fits like a glove, little buddy, looks great!" MJF jokes.
MJF compliments Jericho's physique and his hair. MJF asks if he could touch Jericho's hair, and Chris gives it the okay. He then tells MJF to "cut the s---" and wants to hear MJF's big announcement. MJF says the two biggest minute to minute rating grabbers are him and Jericho. MJF brings up Animal Planet and he says you'll never see two piranhas eating each other — just like him and Jericho. They are predators, just swimming around prey in AEW.
MJF says those around them are adapting though, and to stay ahead, they need to do the same. It takes him awhile to get it out, but MJF says it's possible that he kinda, sorta, wants to join the Inner Circle. Ortiz then takes the mic and says they don't want MJF in the group. Jericho quickly jumps in, says they have to discuss things as a group, but next week he and MJF will meet for a steak dinner. They get super serious (like they are hyping a match) and MJF says you're on! They shake hands and Inner Circle heads out.
A couple of things— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) October 15, 2020
1?? Rule 5 of @RealBrittBaker's rules - Be the Baddest b---h on the Block
2?? Dr. Britt Baker is back in action next week
3?? Once you see @tonyschiavone24 like that, it is something you can't unsee.
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama! pic.twitter.com/pF47YQY9dr
- Tony Schiavone at a spa with Britt Baker. Baker talks about her comeback, then calls for Reba. Baker says rule number five is to be "the baddest b---- on the block." Baker then looks over and realizes Tony is naked under his towel. She and Reba scream. Tony then gets his chest waxed. Britt tells the women's division they have been put on notice. Baker scolds Tony for not being at her recent match. Tony says he got superkicked in the face by The Young Bucks, but she didn't want to hear it.
Baker to be in action next week.
Darby Allin looking on from the stands as Cody makes his entrance. Cody is back to the blond look. Cody looks for the collar and elbow lock up, but Cassidy ducks out of the way. Cody said he was going to force Cassidy to lock up, something he has yet to do in AEW. Cassidy puts his hands in his pockets, Cody didn't appreciate that and shoves his opponent. Cassidy's glasses fall off, and he kicks them out of the ring. Big collar and elbow lock from the two wrestlers! They end up with a stalemate and pull away. They go again, Cody gets pushed into the corner, Cassidy puts his hands up and gives Cody the lightest of shoves. Cody with a waistlock, brings Cassidy to the mat, Cassidy gets back up, and down he goes again.
We get some chain wrestling out of Cassidy, goes for a couple pins, but doesn't get a three. Cody with a kick to the midsection, follows it up with a delayed flapjack. Cody controlling the match until Cassidy throw his light superkick, he then throws a hard thrust kick, sending Cody out to the floor. Cassidy with a suicide dive, sending Cody almost into the crowd near Dark Order. Referee telling Dark Order to stay back. John Silver runs around from the other side, tries to grab the title and whack Cody with it. Cassidy yanks the title away from him. Referee tosses all of Dark Order to the back.
Cassidy checking out the title and hands it off to Arn. Back in the ring, Cody nearly hits cross rhodes, Cassidy rolls him up for two, then hits stundog millionaire. Cody is dazed for a moment, then hits the cody cutter. Back and forth shots in the ring. Commentary announcing Darby Allin gets a shot at the TNT Championship at Full Gear on November 7. Cody really working over Cassidy now, but he's not giving up. Cody showing off a bit, doing some push-ups, but Arn Anderson is yelling at Cody for not sticking to the game plan.
It's official!@DarbyAllin will challenge for the TNT Championship at Full Gear LIVE on Nov 7th.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) October 15, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama or https://t.co/GdI7QAsxEP for our International fans. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/JNHjzqwX4m
Cody looks for double underhooks, but Cassidy just drops down and crawls between Cody's leg. Cassidy is put up on the top rope, Cody yanks back on Cassidy's leg. Cody then heads up super reverse suplex! Cody looks to yank Cassidy into the ring post, looks around for a moment, which gives Cassidy time to pull him into the post. Cassidy with a diving DDT off the top rope, cover, two.
Cody with a double-leg takedown, locks in the figure-four, Cassidy rolls to counter the submission. Eventually, Cody rolls all the way to get to the ropes to force a break. Both wrestlers on the apron now, Cassidy hits beach break on the apron! Both men fall to the floor. Referee starts his ten-count, but Cassidy gets Cody back in the ring at eight. Pin by Cassidy, two, Cody with a counter, Cassidy tries for orange punch, counter into cross rhodes no, swinging DDT, beach break, cover, 1-2-no! We have less than a minute left before it's considered a time-limit draw. Cassidy goes for Orange punch, no, but gets the mousetrap pin, refere is at the count of two when time expires.
Cody retains the title (Match ends in 20-minute time limit draw)
- Backstage, Lance and Jake go to talk, but get attacked by Jon Moxley.
- In the crowd, Matt Hardy is with his family. Hardy announces he's health and cleared to return to the ring. In the background, we see up on the big screen a hooded figure light a bunch of Matt Hardy photos on fire. Camera then shows it's Sammy. Cut to Sammy who says he was the one who attack Hardy at All Out. Sammy says he's not going to stop until he sends Matt home for good. Hardy says now that he's back, his first order of business is Sammy.
- Private Party vs. John Silver and Alex Reynolds vs. The Butcher and The Blade vs. Young Bucks (Winners faces AEW World Tag Team Champions FTR at Full Gear). The teams were randomly picked on tonight's show and headed to the ring where a brawl later broke out. Young Bucks superkicked pretty much all of their opponents throughout the segment.
- Commentary announces AEW World Champion Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer is now a No DQ Title Match.
Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Big Swole (AEW Women's World Championship)
The two shake hands before things get going. Back and forth action between the champion and challenger. Both trade pins for two-counts. Shida drops Swole, then sends her to the apron. Knee to the face by Shida, pulls Swole over the edge and hits a big knee. Swole then shoves Shida into the cameraman as we go to break.
Back in the ring, Swole with a big shot that sends Shida into the corner. Swole sent to the apron, Shida climbs to the second rope, Swole tries for a sunset powerbomb, but slips and doesn't finish the move. She shoves Shida out to the stage instead, then hits a nice springboard cutter out on the ramp, then hits another one in the ring, cover, two.
Swole looks for a discus elbow, no, Shida counters with a straight jacket suplex, knee strike to the back of the head, falcon arrow, cover, 1-2-no. Swole hits dirty dancing, cover, Shida able to grab the bottom rope to break up the count. Couple rough moments in this match. Swole tries for another, Shida rolls up, elbow to the face, running knee to the back of the head, then a sliding kick to the face, cover, and that will do it.
Winner: Hikaru Shida via Pinfall
- Next week:
* Britt Baker in action
* Opening round match in the AEW Tournament
* Private Party vs. John Silver and Alex Reynolds vs. The Butcher and The Blade vs. Young Bucks (Winners faces FTR at Full Gear)
* MJF and Chris Jericho to meet for a steak dinner
- In two weeks: AEW TNT Champion Cody vs. Orange Cassidy
- Eddie Kingston and The Lucha Bros heads over to commentary to watch the main event.
- Vignette is shown of Shawn Spears saying he's not stalking Scorpio Sky, but he doesn't appreciate Sky getting involved in one of his moments when he went to attack Matt Sydal a few weeks back. Spears says Sky now owes him a moment, and he plans on collecting.
Jon Moxley (c) vs. Lance Archer with Jake Roberts (No DQ Match for the AEW World Championship)
Fast start as Moxley hits a paradigm shift, cover, two-count. He tries for another, Archer shoves him out to the floor and goes with him. Moxley sent into the barricade a few times, and really roughs him up until finally throwing the champion back in the ring. Moxley with a big clothesline on Archer, which doesn't seem to do much. Big elbows to Archer, ends up taking a pounce from Archer. Moxley out to the floor, Archer with a cannonball senton on the champ.
Archer sets up two tables near the ring. Both wrestlers on the apron, but Moxley is able to send Archer hard back into the ring. Moxley up on the top rope, leaps, and gets caught for a moment. Moxley slips behind Archer, eats a back elbow, and then another shot. Archer with a big forearm that puts the Moxley down. Moxley is up, avoids a second pounce and hits a release german suplex.
Moxley with another big shot, heads to the floor and throws some chairs into the ring. Moxley sends a chair straight at Archer. Moxley sent hard through two chairs. Archer puts a chair around Moxley's neck and looks to hit it with another, Moxley with a sneak trip and locks in an ankle lock. Roberts helps pulls Archer to floor. Moxley goes for a suicide dive, eats a trash can. Moxley and Archer on the apron near the tables, Moxley with a lowblow, paradigm shift through the tables!
Moxley with a big paradigm shift, cover, two! Moxley goes right into the bulldog choke, Archer is up and shoves Moxley into the corner. Moxley with a rolle-up, two. Archer hits a DDT, throws him into the corner, black out hits, cover, 1-2-Moxley counters and gets the three-count!
Winner: Jon Moxley via Pinfall
- Post-match, Archer kicks Moxley down. Kingston tells Fenix and Penta to help him. Fenix hits Archer with a chair, it doesn't do much, and Archer heads to the back. Kingston tells Penta not to hit Moxley, and tells the crowd to give it up for Moxley. Kingston says they have known each other since 2009 and gone through a lot together. Kingston says they had a great match, even though he didn't tap out. Kingston continues it's been one year and Moxley has carried this company. Kingston says he's proud of Moxley and raises his hand up. Kingston throws a spinning backfist then locks in a rear naked choke. Lucha bros keeping the officials back as Moxley goes to sleep. Kingston then takes the title, says he never tapped and he never quit against Moxley!